Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Before school let out I asked my kiddos what they were thankful for. It was one of our "Must-Do's" for Daily 5. Please allow me to share their top answers.

1. My Family
2. Friends
3. My Teacher
4. Deer
5. The USA
6. Technology
7. Recess

(Yes, they did say deer. Clearly I have some huntin' kids in my class.)

The point is that even my 1st grade babies know what it is to be thankful, and they know that we have is so good here in America. What a blessing it is to celebrate this wonderful holiday! I want to wish y'all the very best Thanksgiving. May it be filled with family and friends, laughter and maybe even some deer, ok maybe turkey. 

From me and my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!




post signature

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I love this! I did this same activity with my 2nd grade class and all of their answers were so sweet. I'm so blessed to work in a Christian school, so most of them agreed that they were thankful for God and Jesus. I also got chocolate, pets, and fuzzy slippers from a few. ;) Oh, children....

    Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I've had fun looking around your blog. So cute! I'm heading over to instagram to follow you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I love the things your students listed that they were thankful for, that is such a sweet activity!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete