Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blogtember Day 1

Two posts in one day?! I must be crazy, or maybe you're just lucky.
I hesitated (only slightly) about joining Jenni's Blogtember but after reading a few blogs I decided to join in! The blog everyday in May looked like fun and I'm really digging the topics of this link up. 
So here's to blogging everyday!



Day One: Where I come from. Describe where you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make you who you are.

It's real simple. I was born and raised right outside Atlanta. Just a hop, skip and a 20 minuet drive and there she is.

I grew up with my mom, and dad until they decided that I was too much of a diva to be an only child and had my brother 2 year and 6 days later. Thankfully he was a boy, Lord knows I didn't need a sister (until college).



Yeah you remember those Old Navy flag tees. Every family has this picture, if you don't you're lying to yourself.

The summer before 8th grade we moved 2 miles down the road and into the biggest rival of my old high school, Brookwood. Best move ever. I loved Brookwood.


I grew up playing soccer until 10th grade and ran track/pole vaulted (yes, pole vaulted) all four years of high school.
 

We don't have a lot any extended family in Georgia so we always had to travel pretty far to see relatives. But as a result we become really close with the people at church and they became like a second family. I can't imagine not growing up with them. 

Senior year I had a really close group of girl friends. We all ended up going to different colleges (how lame). 

I went to West Georgia in the Fall of 2008, and got my degree in Early Childhood Education with the intention of transferring to a bigger school *cough*cough* UGA but fell in love with the campus. Joining my sorority and becoming an Orientation Leader didn't hurt either :)





3 comments:

  1. I just did two posts in one day too... oops :)
    Thought it be fun to join in too.
    We'll see how long I last!

    I didn't know you went to Brookwood!
    I went to Grayson :)
    Way too close to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hop, skip and twenty minute drive"--- how cute.
    I went to a smaller school in Texas and fell so in love Transferring was not an option. I look back now and think it was one of the best decision I've ever made. I couldn't imagine pole vaulting.
    Jenna, I love your pictures and how you took on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny you went to Brookwood, I went to North Gwinnett!

    ReplyDelete