Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Welcome to 1st Grade: Classroom Reveal

So the First Day of School has come and gone and I can't believe how much I already love my sweet little babes! They are definitely going to give me a run for my money this year. All that energy they product is hard to keep up with, but I'm building my endurance. (And drinking massive amounts of coffee in the meantime!) I'm also in love with my room, which is good because I'll be spending a ton of time there. I'll be adding to it as the year goes on, but I'm happy with how it turned out. This is right before Open House on Thursday.


View from the front door.

From my desk.

View from the window looking at the room.

Reading corner



I'll be adding anchor charts throughout the year to my Daily 5 part of the board. On the far left is our word wall, and the center is going to be for the books/authors we are going to be focusing on this year. 



I am loving the Dr. Seuss calendar I found on Amazon. I'm still tweaking our Calendar Time and adding items to this part of the board.


The bins on the counter were for Open House and aren't going to stay there. They were to collect school supplies the kids brought in.

I can't believe the transformation my classroom has made in just a week. Remember this post? They really should have a course on how to set up a classroom! Thank goodness for my sweet mother and dad helping me whenever they could. Not to mention my awesome coworkers. There's no way I could have done all this myself. Thankfully classroom set up will get easier, so they say.



3 comments: