Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Five on Friday

I'm linking up with Natasha at Hello! Happiness for my first, and certainly not last, Five on Friday.



[1]
I finished all my doctor appointments for the year. One "perk" of being a teacher is having to have all your appointments during the summer. But good news, no cavities!

[2]
Father's Day is all planned! I can't wait to celebrate my wonderful dad this weekend. He's seriously the best man ever. I'm so bless to have him as a father. 

[3]
My brother is coming to town tonight to go to the Braves game with me. It's the first one that we've been to together all season. Plus it feels like its been forever (2 weeks) since I've seen him.

[4]
I ordered my new planner for the school year and it's not Lilly Pulitzer. I repeat it's not Lilly P. Please don't hurt me! After three years I feel like I needed a change and perhaps a more "grown up" planner so I ordered one from May Designs. It's so cool, you can completely design and personalize it yourself. I can't wait for it to come in!

[5]
I made dinner and dessert for the roommates, aka my parents, and me last night. It was a recipe that I saw on Rachel Rays website. BLT Penne. Dispute the use of so many leeks, which smell an awful lot like onions, it was really good. But as my dad says, "There's no such thing as a bad dish with bacon in it!" Ok dad. 

And for dessert I made Snickerdoodle. My second favorite cookie. I must say I make a pretty darn good Snickerdoodle. 


Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your dad - the more bacon the better!

    I went to West Georgia too! Too funny! I graduated last year though with an early childhood degree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Blt penne looks so good! And I totally agree - major perk of being a teacher is getting all those annual appointments over with in the summer. I try to do that too!

    Stopping over from the linkup and flowing now. Your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete