Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Passion & Purpose

Last week we finished our Passion & Purpose series at Passion City and I've learned so much and many aspects of my life are more clear because of this series. The powerhouse verse that we really dug into was Colossians 3:17.


There were two main questions that were answered during this series. 

1. What is my passion? Your passion, put simply, is whatever makes you come alive. It can be absolutely anything. We are all created uniquely by God, therefore my passions will be different from your passions. For example, my passion is teaching. I love being in the classroom, helping children learn and explore new things in ways they didn't know before. Your passion may be painting, or accounting, or pharmacy. Whatever gets you fired up, puts a bounce in your step, or is the reason why you jump out of bed in the morning, is your passion.

2. What is my purpose? Your purpose can be found in the second part of the verse, "do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus". It means that whatever it is that you choose to do, do it for the glory of God. We may have different passions but our purpose is the same, to make Jesus' name known. Take your passion and work toward your purpose. I truly believe that God places passions in our hearts for a reason and that reason is to bring people to Him.

Last night all eight of the PCC Community Groups met at our main campus for fellowship and worship. I loved hearing stories of people's amazing faith and the wonderful works God is doing everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment