Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

The Hunger Games

have yall heard any talk of this book?! if not i'm here to spread the word!


it is SUCH a great book.
definitely different from the mary kay andrews, nicholas sparks and emily griffin books that i'm cramming my nose in. (i'm trying to branch out)
it's an action-pacted, drama, with a little romance thrown in there to make it a must read. literally, i couldn't put it down until i was done!

here's the summary from amazon.

Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place. 

it's actually part of a trilogy, and i'm currently reading the second book, Catching Fire. i can't put that one down either! i got my mom into the books too. (thankfully our NOOKS allow us to lend book to our NOOK friends so she just had to borrow it from me after i finished it.)

ps- i finished the litigators, and that review will be posted soon :)

but i heard through the grapevine that there is a movie coming out in march! ok maybe that's not new news to yall either but i looked up the trailer and i am PUMPED! i'll post it at the bottom of this post. watch it and if you love it (like i hope you will) you should def read the books!

well that's my two cents!

have a great friday night yall :)


4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read these books, and then see the movie!! My sis is reading it now and is almost finished (she just started the first one this morning and is loving it!)... definitely different that a book i would normally choose but i have heard sooo many great things about them that I just have to read it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading these books and they're SO GOOD!!! I totally understand why everyone loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just finished this book a couple of days ago and I loved it so much! They filmed the movie around Charlotte and Asheville, North Carolina and a few of my friends were extras in the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend lent me the first book but I'm waiting for a good chunk of time to read it... sounds like I won't be able to put it down!

    ReplyDelete