Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

overload

i feel like i am on complete and total school overload.
and i know a lot of you ladies are too!

so i went online to see what i could find on relieving stress.
here are some tips.

1. Listen to Music
Playing calm music has a positive effect on the brain and body, can lower blood pressure, and reduce cortisol, a hormone linked to stress.

2. Call a Friend
Good relationships with friends and loved-ones are important to any healthy lifestyle. A reassuring voice, even for a minute, can put everything in perspective. Whenever I start to feel overwhelmed I call my mom. She always knows exactly what to say to help me calm down.

3. Talk Yourself Through it
Seriously try it! Don’t worry about seeming crazy, just tell yourself why you're stressed out, what you have to do to complete the task at hand, and most importantly, that everything will be okay. I prefer to look in a mirror and do this. It helps to look at myself.

4. Eat Right
I have a hard time with this one because it is so much easier to just go through Chick-fil-A Drive Thru and get a kids meal and a soda than it is to actually cook a healthy meal. But trust me a good meal will help you feel better and keep you focused on the tasks at hand.

5. Breathe Easy
"Take a deep breath," yeah it's cliché, but it holds real truth when it comes to stress. For an easy three- to five-minute exercise, sit up in your chair with your feet flat on the floor and hands on top of your knees. Breathe in and out slowly and deeply, concentrating on your lungs as they expand fully in your chest. Deep breathing helps to oxygenates the blood and clear the mind.

6. Laugh if Off
Laughter releases endorphins that will automatically improve your mood and decrease levels of the stress-causing hormones. I find that these websites to be helpful in giving me a little laugh.

7. Try Tea
Try green tea. It has less than half the caffeine of coffee and contains healthy antioxidants, as well as theanine which is an amino acid that has a calming and soothing effect on the nervous system.

8. Exercise (Even For a Minute)
 A short walk around your room or simply standing up to stretch during a break from school work can offer immediate relief in a stressful situation. Getting your blood moving releases endorphins and can improve your mood almost instantaneously.
 
9. Sleep Better
Everyone knows stress can cause you to lose sleep and  lack of sleep is also a key cause of stress. This is the hardest for me. I always feel like if I stay up extra and wake up earlier I'll have more time to get stuff done but you can't work at your best level if you're always tired, so make sure you are getting PLENTY of sleep!




Hope these were helpful :)
Much Love!
Jenna

1 comment:

  1. What a great post... I am one of those people who plan out everything and sometimes give myself too much to do. these are great points and ideas to help de-stress. i also love your blog. i just discovered it this afternoon and i had to become a follower. i look forward to reading much more!
    -Sarah from livinglifelakeside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete