Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

what i'm reading

i've always been a reader. my dad helped me learn to read when i was in preschool, and i don't mean just memorize a book and recite it from memory but really learn how to read. i remember the first day of kindergarten asking the teacher if i could read my new book to the class. it's pretty safe to say that i'm a big fan of books.
however during the school year i have a hard time finding the time to read for myself. i'm usually either reading for class or planning lesson etc. so the summer is my good book catch up time.
my mom got me a NOOK Color for christmas and i'm in LOVE.

it is the best invention ever! i like to read multiple books at a time (something i picked up from my mom) and my nook allows me to carry more than one book with me at a time. not only that but it allows me to download my favorite magazines straight to it as well.
love love love!
well so far this summer i've read two book and i'm working on my third and forth book right now.
i've already read the lincoln lawyer by michael connelly. it's about a criminal defense attorney, Mickey Haller, who works out of his lincoln town car. it's an intense read. i haven't seen the movie yet. i think it'll be a good red box movie.
water for elephants by sara gruen is the second book i've read. i'm not gonna lie though, i've saw the movie before i finished the book. my mom really wanted to go see it and how are ya gonna turn down mom paying for a movie. and i must say i loved them both.

i'm currently reading the fixer upper by the lovely mary kay andrews (love her!) its about a young woman, Dempsey Killebrew and her journey to "flip" a house in Guthrie, Georgia as well as "flip" her life.

the other book that i started just yesterday is the walk by richard paul evans. i absolutly love his books! i read  the sunflower last summer after a breakup. it defiantly inspired me and so far this book is doing the same. it's about a man who literally loses everything and decides to walk from his home in seattle, washington to key west, flordia. along the way the people he meets and the lessons he learns inspire him and save his life.

i recommend all the books to anyone looking for a good read. well i hope all you loves are having a fabulous weekend.
Much Love!
Jenna

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted an e-reader but I could never decide whether to get a Nook or Kindle, but it seems like I'm leaning more towards a Nook. I think its totally cute Nook allows readers to 'lend' books to other Nook users! And Lilly makes Nook covers too so if that's not a reason to buy I don't know what is! Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete