Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

orientation training... so far

so as yall know i have a job as an Orientation Leader for my school. however, before the new little west georgia babies come visit us, we have to learn EVERYTHING about the lovely University of West Georgia and in order to do this we have an intense TWO solid weeks of training that consists of waking up at 7-7:30 (depending on if i want to shower and wash my hair) and get to the meeting place at 8:30 and we are going nonstop (we have a lunch/dinner break) all day until 6 or 7 depending on what we have to do. 

actually we have to be there at 8:15 to be 'on time' 

let me explain

our head honcho of orientation has this motto.

"if you're early, you're on time. if you're on time, you're late. if you're late, you're fired."

extreme? yes. effected? YES!!

i've been SO good at getting to our meeting places early. and i'm the type to get somewhere right when i'm supposed to be so this has been really good for me. i hope to keep this up throughout the summer and on into the school year, and heck, maybe my big girl job!

well one of the coolest things that we're doing is making a video that all the students and parents that come to orientation will watch. this is my part.

let me set the scene.

i'm at the rock wall in the campus center (pretending to climb it) and i look down at the camera, smile my charming smile and say....

"i'm west georgia because no rock can hold me down!"

and then i proceed to climb the wall for about 5 seconds.

cheesy i know, but ahhh i LOVE it! hahaha 

well i have another full day of training tomorrow and i gotta do some 'homework' for tomorrow's training. yeahhhh homework for my job! gotta love it! no worries more of fabulous training to come. i haven't even begun to skim the surface of what we've been up to!
Much Love!
Jenna

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhh!!!! i love it!! i'm so glad you blogged again! you make me, in a weird way, miss orientation! can't wait to hear the stories! love you much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better let me see this vid once it is made!!! Hahahaha :)

    ReplyDelete