Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

my TOMS

yall had to know a post like this was coming.. i mean it's in my blog title :) my TOMS aka the best shoes ever!! if you don't have a pair i highly, HIGHLY recommend you get a pair! let me briefly explain what TOMS exactly are and the movement that they've started. okay, so i'll let the TOMS website do the explaining, they'll do a much better job!
In 2006, American traveler Blake Mycoskie befriended children in Argentina and found they had no shoes to protect their feet. Wanting to help, he created TOMS Shoes, a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. One for One. Blake returned to Argentina with a group of family, friends and staff later that year with 10,000 pairs of shoes made possible by TOMS customers.
i also learned that many children can't go to school because the terrain is too rough for them to walk on barefoot. so these shoes not only bring protection to their feet, it brings them an opportunity to get an education.
now how can you not want to be apart of something so powerful as this!
i got my first pair 2 years ago
these aren't mine, but they look exactly like the ones i have. i love love love them and wear they all the time. i got my second pair for christmas last year and let me tell you i literally wear that pair everyday and everywhere! they were off-white and so the daily wear and tear was really getting to them.
they looked worse in person. i was slightly embarrassed by them sooooo i washed them! i have never been more nervous to do a load of laundry. i didn't want them to get ruined but they just HAD to be cleaned! so in the washer they went!

don't they look SO much better!
so for those of you who have TOMS or are thinking about investing in a pair, and need to give them a spruce, put them in the washer with some old towels, little laundry detergent, and cold water. don't dry them in the dryer, that might shrink them more than you'll want. just let them air dry and presto! they'll look as good as new!
oh! another tip for you first time buyers of TOMS, they run slightly small, so order a half size larger than you normally wear. ex: i wear a 7 in most shoes so i ordered a 7.5 and they fit perfectly! i really encourage yall to browse the website, there's womens, mens, and childrens shoes and you can find more then just shoes. there's jewelry, t-shirts, bags, etc. and with anything you purchase they will send a pair of shoes to a child in another country who need them. just click here and start changing the world!
Much Love!
Jenna

3 comments:

  1. Hey, new to your blog! I actually don't have a pair of Toms yet, but I have been considering it lately. I love how you can wash them! And what they do for those children is even better. I think it's time for me to order.

    Your blog is very cute and I look forward to reading more! I love the layout, I used to have it! Please, don't be a stranger:) -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by my blog :]

    i looooooove TOMS, too. i just got my third pair and i think i may be getting addicted. i had no clue you could throw them in the wash though- might have to try that out!
    they really are THE most comfortable shoes ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a pair and I want some so bad! they look so cute :D

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete